Everyone knows that to start your workout off right, you should drink lots of water before and after. But are you making sure you are getting the proper nutrients before and after your one-on-one workout? At Say Fitness, your best one-on-one personal training center, we will educate you on the best foods to eat before and after your fitness routine. With the advice of our personal trainers and fitness experts, you will meet your health and fitness goals in no time.
What should I eat before a workout?
If you are starting an exercise program in Boca Raton, nutritionists maintain that you should not eat immediately before. The best time to eat is 30 minutes earlier so that you won’t get lightheaded. At Say Fitness, we want great nutrition to become an integral part of your training. Certain foods are better than others to consume just before working out. Trying to balance the right amount of carbs, proteins, and fats is often the best way to satisfy that requirement. This is, so you receive the right amount of energy to power through your workout.
What should I eat before a personal training one-one-one workout?
- Banana (this carb can be digested quickly), or small sweet potato to satisfy your carbs. These two super foods help to boost your metabolism and give you more energy.
- Low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese provides the perfect protein.
- Salmon or chicken breast is an excellent source of healthy fat. Luckily, there are so many ways you can prepare both to bring out the flavors in each.
- Water – Remember to hydrate well before and after your workout. So many people forget to hydrate and, as a result, may feel very tired before and after a workout.
What should I eat after a workout?
Just like you needed to fuel your body before a workout, your body now demands that you refuel it. At Say Fitness, we encourage you to enhance your workout with proper nutrition post-workout. It is essential to not only drink water but also to refuel your body with healthy nutrients. Some nutrient-rich foods to try might include:
- Sweet Potatoes – this delicious carb is also perfect after a workout.
- Tofu – For plant-based lovers, you can make this part of your evening meal.
- Chocolate Milk – this comforting favorite provides protein, carbs, and vitamin D.
- Greek Yogurt – helps with sore muscles.
At Say Fitness, your one-on-one personal training center, we encourage you to practice sensible eating habits and make the most out of your exercise routine by fueling your body with nutrient-rich food. Working out with our personal trainers will be more enjoyable if you feed your body correctly before and after with healthy fat-burning foods. At Say Fitness, you are our priority, and we want to help you achieve all of your fitness goals. So, if you live in Boca Raton and are thinking about giving personal training a go, call us today at (954) 440-7435 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff. We will be happy to show you around!