If you’ve hired a personal trainer to get in the best shape of your life, it stands to reason that you’ll want to get the most out of your fitness plan. While you might think you know the right food to eat to help you along, the most important part is eating the right combination of foods to power you through your workout. Ideally, you want to eat foods that are high in carbs, moderate in protein, and low in fat and fiber. The first step is for you and your trainer to figure out which foods are right for you. Once you do that, you’ll be able to power through your workout like a pro. Using healthy foods with great nutritional value as your fuel, you’ll want to make sure you are getting the right amount of nutrients to jump-start your fitness program. At Say Fitness, personal training in Deerfield Beach, our certified personal trainers acknowledge that eating healthy is one aspect of weight loss, but eating right can also boost your endurance which gives you the stamina to burnt more calories to lose weight. Fueling your body with the right nutrients can help you feel energized and ready for your workout at Sat Fitness.
Here are 5 beneficial foods to eat before a workout:
- Fruit Smoothie – This great tasting drink packed with nutrients from fruit and nuts gets you energized for the perfect workout. Try blending banana, strawberries, peanut butter, flaxseeds, and almond milk.
- Oatmeal and blackberries – Try using plain Greek yogurt to add protein, some protein powder for amino acids for tired muscles and almond butter, and oats to keep your energy up to power through your workout.
- Banana with Peanut Butter – Banana provides energy to power through your workout with its simple carbs and potassium. Peanut butter (about 2 Tbsps.) adds much-needed protein and you can even add a little honey for sweetness.
- Low fat cottage cheese and dried apricots – This great combination of protein and carbs is all you need to make your workout a successful one. This duo is packed with nutrients and is low in fat and fiber which can cause some people to feel bloated.
- Scrambled eggs, fruit cup, and avocado – Protein and good fats offer a lot of good energy to power your workout with a balance of healthy carbs in a fruit cup.
Getting the proper nutrients before your personal training session helps you recover and stay energized!
At Say Fitness, personal training in Deerfield Beach, we want all of our clients to optimize their workout, and to get the proper nutrients is the best way they can. Eating healthy foods and foods that can power you through your workout is the key to your success. A combination of carbs and protein is the recommended standard for pre-workout meals. Fat can also be beneficial, but it should be consumed at least two hours before exercise. And when you work out at Say Fitness, it’s easy to incorporate some of our health and fitness tips.
If you’re thinking about starting a personal training routine in Deerfield Beach, and want to know which foods are best to start out your day with or what to eat right before a workout, come see us soon or call us today for more information at (954) 421-2116.