- 1 1/2 pound medium-size fresh button mushrooms (about 30 mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt & black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp whole-wheat panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs), divided
- 4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup), divided
Prep: 20min Ready in: 40min
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve. Lightly brush any dirt from mushroom caps and stems. Arrange mushroom caps, stemmed sides up, on prepared baking sheet. Chop stems.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add chopped mushroom stems, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms soften and turn golden brown and moisture has evaporated, about 6 minutes. Add ¼ cup of the panko; cook, stirring often, until panko is light golden, about 1 minute. Add cream cheese, parsley, thyme and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan; remove from heat, and stir until combined.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon mushroom mixture into each mushroom cap. Stir together remaining 3 tablespoons panko and 2 tablespoons Parmesan in a small bowl. Working with 1 at a time, gently dip the stuffed tip of each mushroom cap in panko-Parmesan mixture to lightly coat; return to baking sheet. Lightly coat tops of stuffed mushrooms with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops of mushrooms are golden brown and mushrooms are soft, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Serving size: about 3 mushrooms
- Per serving: 75 calories; 4 g fat(2 g sat); 1 g fiber; 7 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 38 mg calcium; 184 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½