Preparation: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Serves: 4 Cheesy
Quinoa Stuffed Eggplants are packed with tons of delicious roasted veggies, quinoa, cheese and eggplant! You’ll love this for a side dish or a full meal! Ingredients:
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped grape/cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
Chopped herbs, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Set quinoa to cook (http://jessicainthekitchen.com/how-to-cook-quinoa/), and start preparing the ingredients to stuff.
3. Remove the tops of the eggplants and cut in half. Using a knife, cut around the edges to remove the eggplant meat, leaving 1/2 inch and trying not to cut the bottom. Alternatively, score the eggplant and then use your spoon (or thumb) to push the meat out.
4. Cut the meat into cubes, discarding the pieces that are mainly seeds, and set aside.
5. When quinoa is finished, toss in a bowl with 1/2 cup cheese, the tomatoes, onions, garlic and eggplant meat.
6. Stuff equal amounts into the eggplants – it’s okay if you have to load on top, the quinoa is very absorbent so if you pack it in they won’t turn over while baking.
7. Place stuffed eggplants into a baking pan (if using 2 eggplants, I used an 8×8 pan) and then top with remaining cheese equally.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for remaining 10 minutes until cheese is slightly golden.
9. Remove, garnish (optional) and enjoy!